Thursday, February 06, 2014

Love and Marriage


I'm playing along with CASology, where the cue word is AND.  The challenge is being sponsored this week by STAMPlorations, and as I'm on the STAMPlorations design team, I thought I'd use my STAMPlorations stamps.


I drew a pencil circle on the card, using the inside of a tape roll as a guide, then stamped a pentagon stamp from the Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Pentagons around the outside of the circle using Tattered Rose Distress ink, keeping the same point facing out.  I don't normally practice on scrap paper, I just dive straight in, but I've got to admit to having a couple of trial runs with this one to make sure I didn't end up with a half-pentagon at the end.  The couple and the sentiment are from Vignette: Ever After.

I'm also playing at Shopping Our Stash where the challenge is Love Me Tender (all sing along now).


I'm playing at One Layer Simplicity Challenge where the theme is "Can You Repeat That",

And at Simon Says Monday Challenge where the theme is Love Notes.



11 comments:

  1. WOW, Shirley! I love how you stamped the pentagons! Beautiful one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created your pentagon frame around these beautiful silhouettes! Such a gorgeous card, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous one layer! This is one of my fave STAMPLorations stamps, I have to get it... Very stylish card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Shirley, love this set x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamping around the silhouettes is amazing perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Fabulous card Shirley. I've 'stepping out' with my newly arrived stencils this weekend... wish me luck, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant and classic, Shirley ... those silhouettes are just fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One layer cards can be so hard...this one looks amazing! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the silhouette, romantic and victorian feel to me! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever frame for the silhouette. I am very impressed with your evenly spaced repeat stamping!
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining in the love me tender challenge at Shopping our Stash! What a beautiful card...perfect image and awesome outline stamp too!

    ReplyDelete