Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blackboard birthday


I'm combining a couple of new trends on this card.  I've noticed this offset angled layering appearing on cards lately, like the one in this post from Laura Bassen and this one from Amy Kolling for Neat & Tangled's September Release Day 4.

I've double-layered my panel and turned it into a blackboard (the other new trend) for the challenge at Little Tangles:


And I've used the colour scheme from The Paper Players' current challenge:

I've used the Everyday Circles set from Neat & Tangled.  Birthday is stamped in Brilliance Moonlight White, and Happy is stamped in Colorbox Seaglass.  Black sequins from stash.

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card you have created! First off, I like the blackboard effect but then the colours you have used and the layout are all put together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it! The blackboard looks so real and I love your repeated sentiment! So happy you were able to play with my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of trends together :) this a quite an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love the colours and the slanty blackboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colours, Shirley, really love how you emphasised the black and bright pink ... so dramatic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card...love your design! Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Shirley! I love cards with interesting angles. I tend to always create with horizontal and vertical (not that there is anything wrong with that), but wonky angling is eye catching and fun. You rocked it :)

    I always look forward to your entries at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool, Shirley! I love the angles in this layout! You did a great job with the chalkboard techniques. Stamping the sentiment three times is perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have excelled at both these hot trends, Shirley! Perfect offset chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very hip!!! I love the layout and of course the blackboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool Shirley! I love the graphic design and the chalkboard technique. Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blackboard background with your pattern and colors! Fab card, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy HM to you too girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blackboard and the asymmetry. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete