Monday, August 26, 2013

Goth Flowers


Hanging out at Neat & Tangled's Birthday Bash again, this time at the Little Tangles technique challenge. 


This card incorporates a few techniques: watercolouring with Distress Inks, masking, highlighting and resist embossing.  

I stamped Dreams onto white card, and covered the banner with Versamark pen and clear embossed so that it would resist any colour.  Then I stamped the flower heads onto the card and masked them with spare paper while I applied Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord Distress Inks with a water brush, varying the intensity of the colour.  With the mask still in place I stamped Field of Sky in Chipped Sapphire randomly over the background.  Then I drew some stems and stamped a couple of leaves.  After I removed the masks the flowers looked a bit flat so I added a little pale grey shading to give them a bit of depth.  I also added some white gel pen highlights to the stamens and leaves.  I mounted the piece onto dark blue card, then onto a 148mm sq card so that there was white space either side.

I'm also entering this into Simon Says Monday Challenge, which is DOTTY.


Neat & Tangled: Dreams, Fresh Blooms
A Stamp In The Hand: Field of Sky
Distress Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord
Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen
Versamark Pen

11 comments:

  1. Love tbis card, very cool design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wow :) Love the colors and the amazing background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the background , flowers and font are very striking combined together. Lovely design too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a STUNNER of a card! It really has that WOW factor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had lots of inky fun with wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I need you to come to my place to show me how to do this!! Stunning!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. **gasp**
    This is super gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS techniques and card Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo i don't think these are goth flowers. i like them very much and it looks very dreamy. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete